Your prosperity, your level of financial success is the level at which your soul prospers.
3 John 1:2 (WBS) says, “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth”.
God will not throw Dollars at your face because you are in Christ. They will not fall from Heaven because you are an American or an African. God’s going to
- Plant the seed of prosperity in your mind
- In your will and
- In your emotions
As they grow, they will produce a great financial harvest. So what you need right now is not money. What you need is wisdom. That is what Joseph had.
Genesis 39:1-4 (WBS) says, “1 Joseph was brought down to Egypt: and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the Ishmaelites, who had brought him down thither. 2 And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man: and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. 3 And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand. 4 And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand”.
- Joseph was sold as a slave to the Egyptians
- Joseph had no money to his name
- Joseph had no freedom. He was now a slave.
- In the middle of his slavery God gave him wisdom and ability such that his owner became prosperous.
- His wisdom and ability led him to became the one in charge of all his masters possessions. That’s prosperity.
- God gave him insight that no other man in Egypt had. This is what the Holy Spirit will do for you today. He will give you insight into realities.
- The insight landed him a position on Pharaoh’s staff because the Lord was with Joseph. Genesis 39:21 (WBS) says, “But the LORD was with Joseph, and showed him mercy, and gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison”.
- While in prison, Joseph was still prospering.
- From prison he became the Prime Minister of Egypt because of his insights.
- During famine Joseph was in charge of all the food. That’s prosperity!
How did God accomplished all that?
- By prospering Joseph’s soul.
Your responsibility is to open yourself to His Word. As you do, no matter how impossible things may seem, no matter how dismal your situation has become, God is able to reveal the spiritual secrets to you that would open the door of success. God can do exceedingly, abundantly, above and beyond, but you have to “Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth” – Proverbs 4:5 (KJV).
God’s word will work everywhere and anywhere. It will work in the poorest countries on the face of the earth and it will work for you too.